Monday, October 25, 2010

“ The Cold Equations’ – Marilyn’s Point of View.”

The Cold Equations is written in third-person limited point of view. I feel that it would be different if it was in Marilyn’s point or view. When he found her in the closet the reader only read what he heard. If it was in Marilyn’s point of view then it probably would have went something like this. When i opened the door I was expecting a cop not an astronaut, I was scared out of my mind that he found me I was hoping that he wouldn’t have. For another example when she found out that she was going to have to die if it was her prospective it would have been. If I knew that I was going to have to die for trying to see my brother I wouldn’t have I would have thought of a different way. I don’t want to die this way. At the end of the story when she was talking about how she would write her parents a letter telling them what happened to her the reader might get a glimpse of what she was going to say and how she would say it. I feel that if the story was from her point of view then it would be more emotional because of the different feelings and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment