Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Typhoid Fever– Present Tense Childhood Memory


I am seven years old, my mom and I are going to FAM Mart, for shoes. I walk in to the shoes side of the story looking around the store I see everything from wigs, to weaves, and different types of clothing. I feel like I can live here and have everything I need. My mom and I walk to the shoes side and I am looking around I turn my head to the right, and I see a pair of black and clear heels. I can’t stop looking I want them. I look away just to grab my mom hands I pull her to them and I look up. She looks at me “Tierra you want these shoes?” “Yes mommy I want these ones” I answered. “No” I felt it coming I started crying and getting angry “mommy I want these ones all the rest of those are ugly” I said “no.” game over I sat on the floor and I started screaming “mommy I want theses ones” “Tierra get up now or we are going home and you wont be getting anything”, “no” I screamed she garbs me by the hand “ little girl I don’t know who you think you are yelling at but it you don’t stop your screaming and crying in this store I will give you something to cry for” I get up still mad “Please mommy I will be a good girl mommy I want this” she is looking at me “no” with that we went back home. I lay on the couch on went to sleep. I was waking up by my mom “open this” she said I got up and did it and in this box were the shoes I wanted. I took a hot bath and when to sleep. When I woke up the next morning and my mommy placed out my clothes. I got dressed and went into my mommy’s room “mommy can I wear my new shoes to school today?” “Yes”. I am running to put on my new shoes I feel like I am a big girl. I smile all they way to school.

5 comments:

  1. How cute. Sounds just like you, lucky you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound just like you. Haha. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story it's to adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Tierra I just pictured that whole thing you all tiny that's cute.

    ReplyDelete