Sunday, January 23, 2011

Symbolism and Allegory Unit Reflection

Over the past few weeks we have gone over all different types of symbolism and allegory one of the things that we learned from in symbolism was “Through the Tunnel” I think that story had a lot of different symbolism because through out the story the reader experienced a lot of different things with the boy. For example when he went from the safe beach to the rocky beach we as the reader were able to experience the change from child to adolescent. In the “Animal Farm” we experienced allegory. We experienced allegory through the animals and through the reading, for example the animals meant something completely different. My favorite symbolism was “Through the Tunnel” because I felt like I could relate to it more and I felt like I got a better understanding of the story. Studying Symbolism and Allegory has change my thinking to the point were I start looking deeper into what I am reading and to try and figure out the real meaning of things.

1 comment: